Sunday, September 5, 2010

Enter Lisa

The alarm clock went off and I woke up startled, just like any other morning.

I had been sleeping naked, on my pillow, everything was still ten times too big. Not like any other morning.

I wasn't dreaming. I wasn't dreaming. I WASN'T DREAMING!

The alarm continued to buzz.

I had been in the habit of hitting the snooze button or just turning the alarm off and going back to sleep, so I'd put it on the dresser across the room,

Well, it worked. I was wide awake now.

Lisa, my room-mate, knocked on my door. "Debby, you up? Debby?" She opened the door. "Debby, where are you?" She turned off my alarm, looked around, saw me. "Oh, there you are. Get dressed, time to get ready for work." She turned around to leave.

Lisa was not a morning person. It took longer to process things before her first cup of coffee. Finally, she realized something was wrong. She turned back, stared. "What the huh?"

I had crawled back into my pjs. "Um… good morning?"

No comments:

Post a Comment