Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The night before and the morning after

I'll start where it started for me.

Thursday night, I'm feeling a bit run-down. Not sick, exactly but tired and out-of-sorts. So I go to bed early. At this point I was 5'5", about 135 pounds (I had weighed myself that morning). Shorter than most of my friends, but not especially so.

I must have had a nightmare, because I woke up suddenly, practically jumping, my heart racing, my breath in gasps. I must have had a nightmare, but I don't remember what it was about.

I was sitting up, getting my breathing back under control, when I noticed I was naked. I thought for a second, remembered putting on pajamas the night before, but now I was butt-naked. I never slept naked.

 Next thing I noticed was that I wasn't in my bed. I was sitting on a coarse blue fabric, the same fabric lying over me like a big blanket. I could see, sort of. Light shone through it from the outside.

I thought… I didn't know what to think. I just knew I had to get out of there somehow.

I clawed and crawled my way out, reached the edge of the fabric, got free. Standing up, covering myself w/ my hands, I looked around.

I was in my room, standing on my bed. Everything was ten times its normal size. The coarse blue fabric was my pajamas.

"Ah," I said, relieved. "I'm dreaming. I'm naked, in a giant room, standing on a giant bed. A dream. Just a weird dream. That's all." I climbed up on my giant pillow, lay down to go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment